Rules for the Postgraduates Student Thesis Award from the Physical Society of Taiwan
Ratified by Division of Academy Meeting on September 20, 2007
Ratified by Division of Academy Meeting on February 21, 2009
Ratified by Division of Academy Meeting on May 18, 2011
Ratified by Division of Academy Meeting on April 28, 2012
Revised by Division of Academy Meeting on March 27, 2014
Revised by Division of Academy Meeting on May 4, 2016
Revised by Division of Academy Meeting on April 22, 2017
Revised by Division of Academy Meeting on April 28, 2018
Revised by Division of Academy Meeting on August 7, 2021
- To promote and acknowledge excellent research by graduate students in physics-related fields, we, the Physical Society of Taiwan, therefore, establish the present rules.
- These awards are for Master’s or PhD students graduated from domestic universities and colleges within two years prior the application deadline. The graduation date is the date on which the student passes the thesis oral examination. Either the applicant or the thesis advisor should be a member of the Physical Society.
- Application dossier should include:
- One copy of the thesis.
- A letter of recommendation from the thesis advisor or the department/institute chair.
- The application form (including academic background, publication list, and copy of identification card).
- The criteria for the thesis award includes: 40% for the value and contribution of the research, 40% for the originality of the content, and 20% for the structure.
- Application is open till August 31 each year. No application will be accepted past the deadline.
- The members of the review committee for the Student Thesis Award are selected by the academic committee.
- Applications will be reviewed by the review committee. Three (maximum five) best theses will be commended in the TPS Annual Meeting, and awarded a medal and NTD20,000. Several merit awards are also given, and the winners of these awards will be awarded a certificate of merit and NTD3,000.
- If the applicant is involved in any form of academic integrity violation, the TPS may rescind the award and recover the fellowship.