Rules for the Undergraduates Student Thesis Award from the Physical Society of Taiwan
Ratified by Division of Academy meeting on September 27, 2008.
Ratified by Division of Academy meeting on March 21, 2009.
Ratified by Division of Academy meeting on May 23, 2015
Ratified by Division of Academy meeting on April 28, 2018
Ratified by Division of Academy meeting on August 7, 2021
- To promote and acknowledge excellent research by undergraduate students in physics-related fields, we, the Physical Society of Taiwan, therefore, establish the present rules.
- These awards are for undergraduate students graduated from domestic universities and colleges within two years prior the application deadline. Either the applicant or the thesis advisor should be a member of the Physical Society.
- Application dossier should include:
- A paper published within the last year.
- A letter of recommendation from the thesis advisor or department chair.
- The application form (including academic background, publication list, and copy of identification card).
- Application is open till August 31 each year. No application will be accepted past the deadline.
- The members of the review committee for the Student Thesis Award are selected by the academic committee.
- Applications will be reviewed by the review committee. Six best theses will be commended in the TPS Annual Meeting , and awarded a medal and NTD10,000. Several merit awards are also given, and the winners of these awards will be awarded a certificate of merit.
- If the applicant is involved in any form of academic integrity violation, the TPS may rescind the award and recover the fellowship.
- These rules and any amendments will be implemented after the ratification of the academic committee of the society.